Perhaps it's because of the endless Sweet Valley High books that I've read as I was growing up, but somehow, I keep coming back to chick lit. Even after being exposed to great literary classics (which I loved), there's something about the lightness and ease of a chick lit.
I have read many of them. Some I can't even remember by now, while others are memorable, especially for a hopeless romantic like myself. Maybe it's because of the simplicity of it. Or maybe because I can easily relate to it because of the subject's familiarity.And maybe because it reflects a side of me. The bubbly, funny, and sweet side of me which I don't even recognize. The side of me which only comes alive when I watch a rom-com movie or read a chick lit.
And besides, I would always choose a kilig ending, no matter what :)
No comments:
Post a Comment